Tuesday 18 December 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

It's now one week to Christmas, which means it was my birthday yesterday. Thanks to the many of you who wrote, called, emailed, etc. Was disappointed by the low yield of expensive gifts, but oh well! :o) I was actually given one gift yesterday - a scale model car. This miniature Alfa 147 is a sardonic slant on my car woes and ironically the Alfa is about as much use to me as my Saab at the moment. I saw the funny side though - particularly as Alfa's are notoriously unreliable too!

I've reached the grand old age of 26 now. Scary! Here comes 30!

Unfortunately in addition to the Alfa I've picked up a fairly nasty cold over the weekend which continues today. My voice is pretty shot and I'm generally wheezy and woozy. I'll live, I'm sure!

Not a lot is going on here at the moment. December is dead. So many people are on holidays so it is really really quiet. Also my car being dodgy still (something weird at the front right wheel - it drives, but gives signs that something is not right there) means that I'm effectively grounded unless I want to chance more expensive repairs. Hopefully tomorrow the car dealer I've been back and forth to about this will have something by way of replacement for me. I think if it looks like it'll work without too much grief I'll just go for it!

Not having a car means things are very frustrating. You can't visit people, pick people up, run your own life effectively, etc. Also it means I can't really get to go to Cato Crest and speak to the boys that are there (see next post.... it's time for a long overdue introduction). Drew and Megan (Drew leads Hope Church) have been in the States for a while now which means their involvement with them on a Tuesday afternoon has ceased, and it's been so annoying that mostly because of my car we've not been able to do anything on Tuesdays since except for maybe once. What's worse is that you think, "Next week things should be different", but there's always something that means that it comes to nought and we're not able to live up to our promises. With Themba (my partner in crime in this regard) getting married in less than two weeks I can't count on him to be involved and give a ride either, so I can't even do anything on my own. Shame.... I think I'm going to have to try and see them before Christmas and bless them somehow.

Other than that I can't think that much is going on now. It really is dead. The weather isn't exactly summery either (though it's not cold), so it's hardly like it's just good excuse to hit the beach either! Anyway, let me know if anything more exciting is going on in your lives.


Andrew

No comments: