Monday 31 December 2007

End Of 2007

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to those of you who've thought to read this during the festive season. There's not been a great deal to write as it's been very, very quiet and lonesome most of the time.

The main thing has been preparing for yesterday's wedding of Themba and Vicky - two of the leaders in the church here. I was organising the band for some live music during the reception, playing, and taking pictures when I got the chance. All went well, though it was a lot of work to haul all the gear in a trailer 45 mins up the road, set up, pack down, etc. The day started at 7:30am at Hope Church and didn't end until gone midnight.

Summer has well and truly arrived and it's consistently hitting about 30C, sunny, and very humid. I'm told January and February will get worse, which is not good given that it's about on the limit of what's bearable now!

Still stuck with my car. Ugh. Worse still is that after someone graciously filled my tank after I took them to the airport, I started to notice the smell of petrol. It's reduced now as the fuel has gone down, but there is definitely a small leak somewhere. Gary assures me I won't become a fireball on the highway, but it's yet another thing to deal with regarding this car. Please keep praying.... somehow by the grace of God I keep going and this car still somehow manages to keep me going.

Off to summer camp on Wednesday, which is the regional camp for youth here. It's only about 350 youth, but it promises to be great fun and a powerful time in many lives. I'm drafted into the band to play lead guitar (just shows how much smaller scale this is than something like Newday!), and will otherwise be around as a leader.

Anyway, New Years celebrations need to get underway. Have a good one, y'all!

1 comment:

Philip Cook said...

Summer camp? But it's Jan...oh