Tuesday 3 June 2008

A note of thanksgiving

Ach! Got carried away!

What many of you might not know is that for the past week I've been enjoying the favour of God through a woman in Hope Church who has lent me her daughter's car. Her daughter has been away for a long time and will continue to be so, so this car has been loaned to me until I leave! After getting so used to planning my life around when I could borrow other peoples' cars or get lifts I didn't realise quite how useful this would be. But oh my, it's been so good!

The car itself is an old 1980s Toyota Corolla (at least it should be 1980s because it's all 1980s technology) that has four gears, runs on LRP, has a tiny 1.3 12v engine with a manual choke (!), and would probably die if it went above 80mph. But it drives! It's actually very much like the old Sierra I used to drive when I first passed my test, so it's a nice bit of reminiscense.

In any case it's a well timed blessing that just makes these last 3 weeks so much better.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me by your prayers!


Cook

1 comment:

Philip Cook said...

You - fill the tank with petroleum distillate and re-vulcanize my tires, post haste!